The shortlist for 2015 Barclaycard Mercury Prize has been today announced, comprising of 12 UK artists considered for the prestigious ‘Album of the Year’ award. These include:
- Aphex Twin – Syro
- Wolf Alice – My Love Is Cool
- Róisín Murphy – Hairless Toys
- C Duncan – Architect
- ESKA – ESKA
- Florence and the Machine – How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful
- Ghostpoet – Shedding Skin
- Benjamin Clementine – At Least for Now
- Jamie xx – In Colour
- SOAK – Before We Forgot How to Dream
- Gaz Coombes – Matador
- Slaves – Are You Satisfied?
This year’s judging panel includes past nominees such as Anna Calvi, Corinne Bailey and Nick Mulvey, returning DJ MistaJam and a host of other writers and broadcasters.
Bookmakers William Hill currently predict either Jamie xx’s ‘In Colour’ or Florence and the Machines’ ‘How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful’ will be awarded the prize at odds of 4/1.
Jamie xx would become the first artist in the award’s history to be awarded the prize for both a band and a solo project, after picking up the trophy in 2010 with The xx.
The winner will be announced on 20th November during the live award ceremony shown on BBC.
Jordan Low @